Sunday, May 07, 2006


and that brings us to the end. i wanted this shot to show off the amount of napkins i went through while eating this burger. it was fair bit - which means the burger was fairly messy which means it was pretty good. if i want a burger i can eat while driving i'd go to mcdonalds. if i'm going to sit down for a fatboy (or in this case a deluxe burger with cheese) its kinda nice to know you kinda have to give it your full attention. so all in all, daly burger gets my approval - despite no drive-in, and no fatboys on the menu. actually it was kinda good to be sitting in the restaurant in this particular case as we had to wait for about an hour until boris (the photographer) met us to take my picture with the burger for the paper. it was kinda weird already talking about my sordid eating habits (a subject neil, john, and steve were only too happy to contribute to) with david, but things really got weird when the camera came out. i can't say i ever thought i'd be posing with a hamburger for the paper. but i suppose there are worse things to be known for. in the meantime the article should be out in a couple of weeks so stay tuned...... Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look like a pretty tastey burger... but the large bun causes me to wonder if it was indeed TOO bun-ny? You know when the bun overruns the burger... sorta like when you order a single cheese burger from McD's - I sometimes find them too bun-ny.

Colleen Salter said...

I can't wait to see the newspaper article. don't forget to tell me and to find a way for to see it and read. I like buns.

Angelo said...

well i'm glad you brought that up kerry. i too was a bit concerned when i saw the burger but once i started eating it my worries were quickly forgotten. i think the key here is that the bun was not too wide, just high and most importantly nice and soft - so in the end easily compressed. plus i agree with colleen - i like buns.

Winnipeg Web Design said...

Well done, Angelo, and well deserved. :)
Angelo's due recognition

Anonymous said...

This is my third attempt to comment as I have shorted out my keyboard twice with my tears.

You see I am an ex-pat 'pegger and have been away from the burger capital for nearly a year following a relocation to Cow-town. The day before we lost possession of our home in "Little Italy" I paid a farewell visit to my mistress, Daly Burgers. We giggled, we wept, we mocked Sals a final time and I splurged on a double deluxe cheese with bacon. Oh how I miss her!

It is a memory I will never forget.

People of Winnipeg, the pain of burger separation is real, and you don't know how fortunate you are to be able to touch such special beef everyday.

As I lick the picture of the empty wrapper and 25 greasy napkins on my screen, I vow to return often. I must live vicariously through you now Angelo.

Well, I've got to take a dump, so peace out.

P.S. I look forward to a review of Big Al's on Albert - eating in the framing shop makes all the difference.

Anonymous said...

Gello,

This is not a post... I'm just trying to communicate with you.

All of my emails to you are bouncing back. Let me know how I can creatively be of assistance to you. If you have a copy of the Nip story, please use it... you were there afterall.

P.S. What's with the censorship?

H.S.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the sight Angelo.

I ate it up.

Andrew


PS - Lookin forward to seeing the newspaper pic!

Christine Leader said...

morrrrre, MORRRE! I want MORE!

and... why do I never get invited out to eat anymore? You downtown office types have forsaken us "fringe of the city - no car" types...

sheesh

P.S. - stay AWAY from the Juniors on McPhillips... it's toxic, I nearly missed a day of work.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than a weekly fix of a good burger and fries...and I mean a real burger. The best I've had to date is the home made big ass deluxe burger you get at Daly Burgers on Corydon. The chili sauce is to die for!
Oh Deluxe...live on forever!