Saturday, May 26, 2007

So I was on the Night Hawk radio show on CJOB with Lorne Edwards tonight. That's right - I was asked to sit in on a radio call in show because of this blog - odd eh? Neil came too, armed with his st. bonifice area expertise, and we chatted it up with the good burger loving people of winnipeg to find the best burger in town. I'd say Mrs. Mike's got the most votes (still to come to the blog) I have to admit though that when I found out it was going to be an hour long call in show about burgers i was bit hesitant (i don't really have what you might call a 'radio type' personality) and listening to the guest before me on the car ride over who actually sounded authoritative about the things she was talking about didn't help much either. (although i must say the fact that she was a nutritionist talking about reducing fat intake and other nutritionist type things was rather amusing) But it was actually pretty fun. I guess winnipegers really do love their burgers - there were a ton of calls and the hour went by way too quickly - there's still plenty to be said about winnipeg burgers so i guess its a good thing i have a blog. anyway i did get a list of a few places here in winnipeg i didn't know about and there was a lot of rural ones too so it looks like i'll have to make some road trips this summer. stay tuned.....

and just in case you're interested there is windows media version of the show on the CJOB website. it's friday may 25th at 11pm.

http://www.cjob.com/station/audiovault_preview.aspx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Heard you on C.J.O.B the other night. Just wanted to let you know about one I think is one of the BEST burgers I've ever had. It's called a New Zealand Burger, & It's availble at The Seven Sisters Hotel in Seven Sisters Falls Manitoba on Provincial Road 307. What makes this burger so different is the fact it has sliced pickled beets, a slice of pineapple, & a fried egg on it, along with tomato, lettuce, ketchup, and onions. It may sound unusual, but it is ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

The best burger(and ice cream) is at the Ice Cream Hut in Altona, with fried onions!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great job on CJOB. I'm a huge burger fan as well. You should try The North Star Drive-In on McGregor Ave. It's a solid burger and scores #2 on my list after The Burger Place on Portage. I have Dairi Wip as #3, VJ's #4 and Superboy's #5.

Colleen Salter said...

That sounds like so much fun being on the radio. I plan on taking a listen to that soon.

As for mr.mojo and his burger, that sounds a bit funky.

Steve said...

I'm totally up for the Mr. Mojo burger. I am a sucker for toppings, but like a good building it must always built on strong bun/meat foundation.

Yeah... and the North Star is great. They showcase the meat, its meaty, and the place is super clean, they also have a dogdish out front if you have a dog along.

Satelite Hockey said...

I find the Fatboy at Georges on McPhillips as one of the best Fatboy's in town.